Green Globe Logos Explained
Green Globe Certified
• This is the highest level of Green Globe qualification.
• Requires implementation of an integrated Environmental Management System.
• The logo is only used/issued once the operation has been successfully Benchmarked AND passed an
independent on site assessment/audit.
• Certification is required annually in order to maintain the use of the logo.
Green Globe Banchmarked
• A Green Globe Benchmarked business has undergone an independent assessment of measurements against
key indicators and passed.
• Requires the development of an Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy and annual collection of
measures in key environmental and social performance areas.
• Benchmarking is required annually in order to maintain the use of the logo.
• This logo is only used after an operation is successfully Benchmarked. The Affiliate stamp is used up until this
Green Globe Affiliate/Awareness
• An Affiliate is the first step towards becoming a full Green Globe participant, that is, committing to
Benchmarking and Certification.
• A Green Globe Affiliate is committed to gathering information about sustainable tourism practices
• An Affiliate is required to prepare an Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy, which must be
submitted to Green Globe on renewal.