EURAGRITOUR - COPA-COGECA
EURAGRITOUR is a specific
organisation representing COPA-COGECA (European organisations representing
farmers and agricultural co-operatives).
experts from the 15 member states of the European Union and its objectives are:
- to study the legal and commercial situation of tourism on a
farm in the global tourism market. For example, a study has been made on the
VAT regime of tourism on a farm compared to the regime of traditional tourist
products (hotels, restaurants, etc.) Another study will also be available on
the distortions of competition in the sector.
- to promote tourism on a farm as an alternative way to enjoy
journeys or holidays in Europe. Tourism on the farm proposes a wide range of
'products' such as stay on the farm, meal on the farm, selling of farms'
products, educational farm. All these products answer to an increasing
- to defend tourism on the farm as a way to avoid the
desertification of the countryside, and to promote rural
- to initiate European projects aiming at promoting and
developing tourism on the farm (catalogues, CD-ROMS, leaflets,
- to attend meetings and conferences on tourism at the European
Prepared by ...
Division, COPA-COGECA "EURAGRITOUR"
Rue de la Science, 23-25, 1040 Brussels,
+ 32 2 287 27 00 Facsimile
+ 32 2 287 27 11